Saturday, May 5, 2012

Just Another Day

Today is May 5th.  As I posted here last year, May 5th has not always been an easy day for me.  This day brings back a lot of bad memories and they are hard to forget.  This week, as we were approaching the date, I kept praying to the Lord, asking Him to protect me today and that May 5th would be a good day this year.

I started off my day being woke up by some hungry dogs.  No sleeping in late around here!  But, that wasn't a problem - I'm used to getting up early anyway.  I got the dogs fed, settled and played with, then headed out to the house to help my parents open up the pool.  As I was driving, Michael Buble was playing on the radio and he was singing "All of Me".  I've heard that song a ton of times, but the very beginning of it starts out by saying "All of me; why not take all of me?  Can't you see I'm no good without you?"

I know this song is meant for a romantic loved one, but think about it - it can be used in our everyday life.  Are we willing to give the Lord "all of me"?  Because we are certainly "no good without Him."

I got home and we made a plan to uncover the pool on this windy day.  We got started and before long, we were done taking the cover off and preparing it for summer storage.  When I went to look in the pool, it was all murky, cloudy and dirty.  We'll put some chlorine in it and before long, the water will be clear.  It will be made new.

And isn't that how we are as sinners?  When we sin, we become murky...cloudy...dirty.  But when we ask for forgiveness of those sins, we are cleared.  We've been made new.

I firmly believe the Lord teaches us things in our everyday life, just like He did with me today.  Are you open to learning those lessons from Him?

Today was a great May 5th.  I'm so glad the Lord used these instances in my life today.  He is surely making the good May 5th's outweigh the bad ones.  And quite honestly, I completely forgot today was May 5th!  My prayers were answered!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: