Thursday, May 3, 2012

May

The month of May is upon us and I'm looking forward to the May flowers after we've had numerous April showers here in Oklahoma.  Last year we were facing a drought (and I believe we are still recovering from that drought), but the Lord brought us some good, hard rain this past month, to which I am so grateful (and my newly planted herbs are grateful too!)

I've been housesitting again this week for a new couple (I can't really call them a client, but not sure what else to call them except people I've never met before).  I was referred to this couple by another lady who I've housesat for in the past.  This couple has 4 dogs, all of which are their "kids".  I will admit - one of them is very scary looking.  He is a 125 lb boxer/pit bull and I was terrified to be here this week.  In fact, I didn't sleep at all the night before I came here because I just knew in my head I was going to have a bad experience.  But then, as I laid there in bed that night, I asked the Lord to give me a peace and calmness about it.  I asked Him to calm my fears, as well as the dogs and their owners.  I asked Him to make the time go by fast.

Before I knew it, it was today.  Just 3 days before I go home.  And now the dogs just love me to pieces and I'm learning more and more about their personalities, which makes me love them.  And, despite the mean looks the boxer/pit bull has, he really is sweet and harmless.

I was frustrated at the owners before they left, as they were hesitant about leaving.  In fact, I sat in their house for over 2 hours just watching them pack and get ready to leave.  So for those 2 hours, I got an uneasy feeling.  The feeling of "these people don't trust me".  And the more I thought about it, the more it upset me.

Then I realized, sometimes the Lord is asking us to trust Him, and we get so frustrated because what He may be telling us to do is not what we want to do.  We want to do things our way and in our timing.  We want to do things that will make us look or feel good.

Trust.  It's a simple word, yet means so much.

This new couple finally had to put their fears aside, say good-bye to their pups and trust me to stay with their "children".  And they are having one of the best vacations they've had in a really long time.

When the Lord is asking you to trust Him, will you do it?

Put your fears aside.

Trust in Him.

No comments: