Yesterday, as I was driving down the road, I was stopped at a red light when I witnessed another car blatantly run the red light. I mean, just flat out ran it. And, you knew they did it out of spite - there was no emergency. I am finding more and more people are disobeying the law these days. They were really lucky to not get hurt or hit by another car, as it was at one of the busiest intersections in Oklahoma City.
As soon as my light turned green, I started to take off and thought about the events that just took place. I thought about we, as sinners, sometimes blatantly disregard or disobey the Lord. I remember when I was struggling with putting my house up for sale. I knew the Lord was telling me to do it, but I had disregard for what He was trying to say to me. I blatantly ignored Him at the time. And then once I finally listened, He blessed me so much!
Luke 11:28 - "Blessed are those who hear the Word of God and obey it"
My prayer is that you will hear the Lord speaking to you, and that you will listen. Don't blatantly disregard what He is trying to tell you. Accept it with an open heart and obey it. I know this is hard to do sometimes, but we all need a reminder every once in a while (including me).
Happy Super Tuesday everyone!
1 comment:
This was so encouraging to me today! Confession- That was probably my car you saw...just kidding. Thank you for sharing this.
Post a Comment