Today is my birthday. And I'm struggling with it. Even though I don't feel 35, this is a birthday that I don't feel like having. But, I guess life goes on, right?
I heard famous actress Elizabeth Shue say "age is not about getting older; it's about finding out where you are in life". I think I can honestly say, though, that I'm not sure where I am in my life.
Yes, I wanted so many things by the time I turned 35. I thought I would be married by now, driving an SUV with a few kids in tow. I thought I would be successful in my job. I thought I would have an amazing house with a big yard. I thought of lots of things.
But that is not the way the Lord would have it for my life. As it says in Isaiah 64, "Yet Lord, You are my Father; I am the clay and You are the potter. We all are the work of Your hands."
I have to remember that I am still a work in progress. He is still working on ME. So, even though I may not see His perfect plan right now, at this age in my life, I am still the clay and He is the potter.
He's not done with me yet.
So as of today, I choose to embrace the age of 35, and welcome the work He still has left to do on me.
I choose to walk by faith and not by sight.
I choose to love the Lord will all my being and thank Him for these years of knowing Him personally when some 35 year olds never had the chance.
I thank Him for the blessings I do have, especially family and friends, who made this day special.
No comments:
Post a Comment