It’s Christmas time! My most favorite time of the year (with the exception of summer days, lounging around in the pool). I love the weather, the snow that fell last night and this morning, the cool breeze, the fresh air, the aroma of cookies baking, the laughter of children, the hustle and bustle of shopping, decorations everywhere, Christmas lights on trees, houses and businesses, Christmas music playing in the background, Christmas movies, and the reminder that Jesus was sent to us as a baby to live a perfect life that we might have eternal life. What a joy that is to know!
My nephews were over this past weekend and every December, we try to make “goodies” as a family. This weekend was no exception, as we were busy baking cookies, making reindeer and snowmen, popcorn balls (those boys LOVE popcorn!), and a Reese’s Christmas tree. We also watched a TON of Christmas movies, listened and sang Christmas music, dreamed of a White Christmas and wrapped Christmas gifts. Oh…and we took them to see Santa too. Tyler was so excited to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas, but Preston didn’t have anything to do with the man! Poor thing was shaking, he was so scared. On the short drive over to see Santa, we talked about Christmas and what it meant to us. One thing we try to instill in those boys is that Jesus is the reason that we celebrate Christmas. All these other things are just “perks” to being Christmas.
Right before they went home, Tyler had found an unopened toy car in the playroom and decided to give it to Preston for Christmas, so he asked me if I would wrap it. After I got it all wrapped, I told him he needed to put Preston’s name on it, so I gave him a gift tag and a pen. He then said “Beck, how do you spell ‘Dear God’?” Pondering his question while looking at the small tag I had given him, I said “oh…well, if that’s what you want to write, then I need to get you a bigger piece of paper”. As I stood up, he said “no, I can write it here”. So on the little small tag, this 6 year old little boy wrote “Dear God I love Preston. Love Tyler”.
Friends – this little boy is getting Christmas and what the true meaning is. He made a decision to give a gift without anything in return, thanking God for his little brother that he loves dearly.
He is learning a lesson.
He is making memories.
We ALL are making memories.
Enjoy the season!
No comments:
Post a Comment