Merry Christmas! I hope you had a blessed day like I did. I can't believe this day has finally come and gone. It seems it went by a lot faster this year than in the past.
We had a wonderful day, celebrating with family. We had a birthday party for Jesus and celebrated His birth with all the kids. What a wonderful time it was. I'm so glad they have learned the true meaning of Christmas.
It was so much fun watching my nephews last night as they were anticipating Santa's arrival. And they thought it was the neatest thing that their parents spent the night at Nana and Papa's house too. They participated in Christmas traditions that were passed down to them from numerous generations. They opened gifts, sang Christmas music and ate all kinds of goodies. The laughter, smiles and excitement was all worth it in the end.
We took family pictures today. I'm glad my Mom had the idea to do that; I just hope they all turned out. We were thinking about my grandparents a lot today, each sharing our memories of past Christmases. After everyone left, I realized why my Mammaw was so sad when everyone left. It's the peace and quiet that suddenly comes after a house full of people. The clean up begins and all you have are memories of the day. And you keep thinking about those memories over and over, because you don't want to lose them. You don't want them to fade away.
I hope you made some special Christmas memories today. I know I have been truly blessed with wonderful friends and family who have made this Christmas one of the best one's I've had yet.
Merry Christmas. And happy birthday, Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment