Well…a month has passed and I haven’t wrote anything here. NOTHING. Am I pathetic or what? Now, before you answer that, maybe I should let you take a glimpse of my life the past few weeks.
After I last wrote, things really picked up for me at work. I hadn’t been working a lot of overtime until that moment. It has since passed and I’m right back where I need to be – not overwhelmed, but not sitting there twiddling my thumbs either.
I did some housesitting for one of my regulars. But, this time was bittersweet as one of the dogs is not doing well and will probably be put down soon. I loved on Raney that weekend more than I have before, because I know her time on this earth is fading and before long, she will be joining doggy heaven. I’m sad to see her go, but I don’t want to see her suffer either. I also enjoyed the Fall colors in her backyard...
I sang in church. That Sunday was very stressful for me, as I was singing a new song and my friend who runs the sound board was not there. If you will remember, I wrote about an experience singing in church here. Ever since then, I’ve been afraid the music will stop in the middle of my song. My friend is really sweet, as she is extra careful with the sound board when I sing. However, it was not her fault that day when the music stopped; it was just a moment and time the Lord felt the song needed to be sung without music. And thankfully He let me do that. But anyway, stressful moments nonetheless. I always get nervous when I sing.
After that, my Mom and I spent a week at Walt Disney World in Florida. It was a wonderful week and we had a very relaxing time. My Mom has been dealing with some issues at work, and the vacation could not have come at a better time for her. We had perfect weather and I’m more excited about...
An Annual Pass!!! I am so excited. We are planning to visit again soon, so once I sat down and did the math, it was cheaper for my Mom and I to get annual passes. And, we did! We were really excited when the castmember told us it was $100 cheaper than what we were expecting. I kind of argued with her about it, but then she finally let me realize I was getting a really good deal…that I was having a “magical moment” (as they call them at Disney). We were more than enthused about it and already looking forward to our next trip.
An Annual Pass!!! I am so excited. We are planning to visit again soon, so once I sat down and did the math, it was cheaper for my Mom and I to get annual passes. And, we did! We were really excited when the castmember told us it was $100 cheaper than what we were expecting. I kind of argued with her about it, but then she finally let me realize I was getting a really good deal…that I was having a “magical moment” (as they call them at Disney). We were more than enthused about it and already looking forward to our next trip.
The great thing about the time of year we went is that we experienced two different seasons. When we first arrived, it was all decorated for Fall, but by the time we left, it was decorated with Christmas! And the crowds weren’t bad either. We stayed in a wonderful part of the Disney property and can’t thank the Lord enough for giving us an awesome deal and the opportunity to do what we did.
We came back to OKC and as soon as we got back, we had the biggest earthquake ever! Most of you that read this (all 2 of you) felt it, but it lasted a really long time. In fact, I asked my Mom half way through if we really thought it was an earthquake and not a tornado! She just laughed, but it was scary. We had another one 2 days after that, but haven’t had any big ones since, which we are so thankful.
I started back to work, but only for a few days before leaving again. My Dad wasn’t able to go with us to Florida, and since it was his birthday last weekend, I decided to take him and my Mom to Branson. So we loaded up the car on Thursday and took off. We had a wonderful weekend in the Ozark Mountains, visiting Silver Dollar City, shopping at the Amish country store and outlet malls and attending a few shows. I’m so happy we had time to shop, as we found some really great deals and I think I’m done shopping for my nephews! Woo hoo! Anyway, overall we had a great time. And, I think my Dad had a great birthday as well. The Lord blessed us by providing a nice and new 3 bedroom home that we rented for the weekend. It was nice and spacious, and allowed my Dad enough room to get around in his walker. It was sitting on a mountain, and the view was incredible.
All of this brings me to today. We are back in the swing of things, even though it would be nice to be back on vacation. Oh…and guess what I did today? I chopped my hair off!
Before...
After...
I already feel so much better. I had wanted my hair to get a little longer, but it was finally driving me insane. So I got it cut. What do you think?
The holidays are among us. This is the time of year that most people reflect back on the blessings we have been given. There is a big difference between Disney World and Silver Dollar City, but the biggest difference is the Lord’s name being proclaimed in Branson everywhere you went. Over and over again, we were told by workers and visitors that Jesus is the reason for the season. Yes, it may all be decorated in twinkling lights and Santa may visit a time or two, but we are to never lose sight of the true meaning.
Yes, it’s been a tough year. Yes, I’ve gone through a lot of changes this year. But, I firmly believe I am a better person for it. I’ve got more patience now than I ever have before, but with an ailing father, I have to. There have been times this year that I have been bitter – very bitter – but the Lord has brought me through it.
So as we visited SDC this past weekend, we may have went for my Dad’s birthday, but I left with my soul cleansed. I was renewed in the Father. I sought and found a man that has never left my side. I thanked Him for all the blessings in my life.
But friends…you don’t need to go somewhere to do that. You can do it anytime of any day.
Will you thank Him for all the blessings in your life?
Have a great week. May you be renewed in Him today and always.
No comments:
Post a Comment