Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oh my...

So right before going to bed last night, I looked down and I was broke out in hives from head to toe. This is the 3rd time in 2 weeks that I've done that, and I don't know why. Maybe getting old doesn't have the greatest perks...and apparently I am allergic to something. My Mom also seems to think it might have something to do with me being stressed out so much lately. It itched really, really bad and didn't make for the greatest of nights...

But...I got up this morning and was well rested to sing at my parent's church...even though I was still really itching. I took some allergy medicine and off to church I went. The time came for me to sing in the middle of the service, and wouldn't you know 2 phrases into the song...the music stopped! That's right! I ended up singing the entire song in a cappella! I still cannot believe I did that, but you know what...I know that it was because of Him that I was able to do that. At both of my grandmother's funerals, the music stopped and I was able to keep singing. It always seems when I have a special song to sing, the music always stops! I think that is satan's way of trying to get me to stop, but it doesn't.

Anyway, I still can't believe I finished that song a cappella. But, the audience was so nice and I actually got a standing ovation! I almost wanted to cry, because it took everything in me to do that. In fact, my legs hurt so bad right now because of how much I tensed up while singing. But, all this to say - I did sing a special song for not just my Mom this morning, but all Mom's out there. Here are the words to it:

I See Jesus In You (its an old wedding song that I changed the words to)

Thank you Mom, for all you've done, and the love you have to share
Thank you for your prayers and hope, encouragement and care
But nothing could exceed the view of seeing Jesus born in you
Your love has given me such great joy

Chorus:
I see Jesus in your eyes and it makes me love Him
I feel Jesus in your touch and I know He cares
I hear Jesus in your voice and it makes me listen
And I thank Him for your love because your His
I see Him, I see Him in you

I often think how wonderful its to know that you are there
I can feel your love grow, everyday and everywhere
And now I've come to understand the Father's perfect master plan
The place He longs to build is right in you

If you are reading this and you are a Mom, I hope you have a great Mother's day, and thank you for all you do! (And thank you, Lord, for giving me the courage this morning to finish my song, even if it was in a cappella! I still can't believe I did that! Now if I can just get rid of these hives...)

No comments: