Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

I had thought about writing this great post today, focusing on why I choose to love this day rather than hate it. But honestly, the words never came. It's hard to be a single girl on a day like today, especially when there are no prospects around.

Last year I chose to love this day. To accept it.

Today I found myself sad.

And a tad bit jealous.

Then I ran across this blog. Shannon probably doesn't remember me. In fact, I know she doesn't. But I remember her. I remember going to her wedding - it seemed like the biggest wedding I had ever been to at that time in my life. I remember what a big deal it was for her to get married. But isn't it weird that in writing something today on her blog that she encouraged me? After reading her post today, she made me not hate this day so much. She reminded me to wait.

So, as I end yet another Valentine's day without a Valentine beside me, I patiently wait.

I wait for the one that the Lord is preparing for me.

I wait for my best friend.

I wait for my lifelong partner.

I wait for love.

No comments: