Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Confessions of a "Wannabe Bride"

This post is a little bit more light-hearted than usual. I have been so down in the dumps lately that I thought I could use a laugh or two at my own expense. So, here are my confessions of a wannabe bride.

1. I occasionally put the ring I wear on my right hand on my left hand, just to see what it feels like. Plus, I like the way it glimmers and shines on my left hand when I’m driving down the road.

2. Sometimes I look at wedding dresses online. Did you know there are some really ugly dresses out there? It's a good thing I'm not getting married anytime soon - I don't like any of the dresses right now!

3. I don’t look at trips to Hawaii in hopes that is where I will go on my honeymoon. Although, if I knew Tahiti was a possibility for the honeymoon, I'd go to Hawaii tomorrow...

4. I dream about where I will register at. Wal-Mart? Dillards? Target? Williams Sonoma? Absolutely!! :)

5. After years of attending bridal showers and weddings, and giving gifts to people who have long forgotten about me (they probably don’t even remember my name), I will probably opt for a small wedding with close friends. I will never recoup the costs of gifts I have spent over the years. Oh wait…it’s better to give than receive. However, in this situation, I give that a big “whatever”.

6. I practice my kissing skills in front of the mirror.

These are just a few things I do to make it through my singlehood journey. As with all girls, I dream about the day I start dating, get married and maybe welcome a kid or two (that conversation is saved for another day). One thing I do know – he will be worth the wait.

And, did you seriously think I practice my kissing skills in front of the mirror?

I actually practice on the stuffed bear that I sleep with…

Ha!

No comments: