Sunday, September 26, 2010

Great Concert

Tonight was such an amazing night. My Mom and I bought concert tickets to see Sandi Patty with special guests Larnelle Harris, Wayne Watson and Heather Payne. We were blessed to have been able to meet all of the artists prior to the concert and get our picture taken with them, then we were able to sit on the front row! It was a wonderful concert and we had an awesome time. Larnelle Harris sounded the same as he did 25 years ago – he hadn’t changed a bit. And, I wasn’t much of a Wayne Watson fan before tonight, but he was a great story teller and sang some wonderful songs.

Then, of course, there is Sandi Patty. You should have seen the shoes she had on! I’m not sure how she kept those on the whole 3 ½ hour concert. Anyway, she sang some oldies as well as some newbies. She sang duets with all 3 artists as well (the ones with Larnelle Harris were the same as I remembered them from years ago).

Needless to say, we had a great time and it was well worth the $30 we spent in tickets. Both my Mom and I left the concert feeling refreshed and knowing that those songs would carry us for quite some time.

No comments: