Words cannot describe what I have been through since last Wednesday. Don’t get me wrong...it’s all good. Why you ask? Because I sold my house. Yes, I sold my house! Here is how it played out...
Do you remember when I burnt the hole in my countertop in my bathroom with a candle? Well, I’ve been living with that hole since the first part of February. It never dawned on me to fix it until I was ready to put my house up for sale. Of course, that was drama in itself and it took longer to repair than anticipated. So, after I finally got that done, and in-between all of the housesitting I have done lately, my realtor came to the house last Wednesday, Aug 26th. That was the day I signed the papers to put the house on the market – and that is the day the sign went in the yard. He decided to spare me some grief and come the next day to take pictures of my house and officially list it on the market that Thursday night, Aug 27th. By Friday afternoon, Aug 28th, I had already gotten a call from him that 4 people were lined up to look at my house that night. By 6 pm, I had a contract on my house for the full asking price and signed papers Saturday morning, Aug 29th. Can you believe all of this? And, to top it all off, I have already had my inspection completed yesterday afternoon and it passed with flying colors. Praise the Lord!
It is amazing what the Lord will do when you listen to Him and follow His will for your life. As I stated in my previous post, I knew He had been telling me to put my house on the market, but I just wouldn’t listen. I loved my house – and I still do. And then of course, all of the negative comments I have heard from people the last 2 weeks. Some people can just be so mean. All of them have said "in this economy, there is no way you are going to sell your house"; "are you sure you are doing the right thing? getting out of debt is not a reason to put your house up for sale"; "it’s a bad time of year to put your house on the market". Well you know what...my God is faithful and guess what? I now have confirmation that I’m doing the right thing. I sold my house within 24 hours of it being listed! And here is the most awesome part of the story...
The person that bought my house just happened to be driving by when my realtor and I were putting the sign in the yard Wednesday night and was already calling her realtor about it Thursday morning. By the time her realtor called mine, he hadn’t even been to my house to take pictures.
People...this is all a GOD thing. If you don’t believe in my GOD, then you are missing out on something miraculous and joyful! By the way, in the midst of everything else happening this past weekend, I attended a Beth Moore conference that was absolutely AMAZING! I’ll save what I learned for another post.
God is so faithful. All I can think of today is the story in Luke of Mary visiting Elizabeth, after they both found out they were with child. After Mary shared her news with Elizabeth, she exclaimed "She who has believed is blessed because what was spoken to her by the Lord will be fulfilled!" And that is so true in my scenario. Mary then goes on with a praise to the Lord, and that is what I am closing with today. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. We serve an amazing and awesome God!
Luke 1:46-55 - My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior, because He has looked with favor on the humble condition of His slave. Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed, because the Mighty One has done great things for me, and His name is holy. His mercy is from generation to generation on those who fear Him. He has done a mighty deed with His arm; He has scattered the proud because of the thoughts of their hearts; He has toppled the mighty from their thrones and exalted the lowly. He has satisfied the hungry with good things and sent the rich away empty. He has helped His servant Israel, mindful of His mercy, just as He spoke to our ancestors, to Abraham and his descendants forever.
1 comment:
Isn't God good? What an amazing confirmation that I know your soul needed. I'll continue to pray for you. The story of your faith in this situation, while often met with critisism, is meant to be shared that others can see Him through you.
Post a Comment