Today I attended the funeral of a co-worker who suddenly died of cancer. She was diagnosed less than 3 months ago and just went so fast. She was such a sweet and generous person and we will all miss her.
However, today at her service, I noticed there was something missing. HOPE. There was no hope at this service. Not even through the pastor that spoke. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a funeral and there was no singing; no sermon; no hope. It was really sad. And I wonder about my friend and where she is spending her eternity.
My heart breaks for this family. They have lost a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, niece and cousin. Do they have hope? I certainly pray they do; and I pray that if they don’t, they will one day find this hope – the hope that only comes through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
I have hope today. Do you?
No comments:
Post a Comment