Oh my goodness! I never thought that I would be so busy, but I am! I have hardly been home this week (have had things going on each night), and of course, a few of those nights I was busy working! This is our busy time of year and I will be so glad when it is over! The one night I did get home at a decent time, I went to bed at 8 pm! Wow! That is early! But, apparently I needed it because I slept all night that night. I truly believe I was physically AND emotionally drained.
Since tomorrow is Mother's day (AND my parent's 35th wedding anniversary), everyone came to my house for dinner tonight. It was really good! And of course, I really like to cook/bake, and I just LOVE it when people come over to my house to eat. We had tomato and mozzarella balls as an appetizer; dinner consisted of steak, baked potato, green bean casserole, strawberry spinach salad and rolls; and for dessert - well, we had 2 - carrot cake with cream cheese icing and strawberry freeze delight (and it was a delight!). I wish I would have taken a picture of it all, but I didn't. I even got the nice dishes and glasses out, so hopefully Mom was impressed. But, all this to say - "Happy Mother's Day, Mom! We love you!"
I am also singing a special mother's day song at my parent's church tomorrow. I hope everyone likes it...its an old wedding song that I changed the words to. If I remember, I'll post the words on here later (and it depends on the reaction I get after I sing it!).
I hope you all have a wonderful week, whether busy or not. Amazingly, I was still able to see Him in the little things this week. Hopefully you have too...
No comments:
Post a Comment