Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chicken Tetrazinni

Most of you that know me well know that I like to cook and bake. But, most of the time I don't cook or bake since I live by myself, and its just not worth all the work for one person! And, I really don't like leftovers, and most meals make a quiver full of food.


However, there is one recipe that I absolutely love and I have twisted it up a bit and made it my own - but it still maintains a tasty flavor. And, it is great leftover! So, even though I am really sick right now with a sinus infection and can't taste anything, I was really craving chicken tetrazinni tonight and I thought I would share this easy recipe with you. I even took pics for your enjoyment!





Preheat oven to 350. Cook a package of spaghetti according to directions. While spaghetti is cooking, cut up cooked chicken into small cubes. After spaghetti has finished cooking, drain and return to your pan. Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, a heaping tablespoon of sour cream, and diced chicken. Mix all together. (Sometimes I put diced pimentos in the recipe, but its not necessary). Pour into a 9x9 baking dish and top with cheddar cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.



This is a very easy meal to make, is very yummy and has tons of leftovers! While it is cooking in the oven, you have time to clean up, prepare a salad and/or green beans as your side(s), as well as a roll. I like Sister Shusterman's Yeast Rolls - you can bake however many you would like at that moment. Also, on the chicken, I always buy the Butterball chicken strips. What is great about this - the chicken is already cooked and ready to go, plus they always have a $1 coupon on the box! Even better!



Give it a try sometime and let me know how you liked it!

No comments: