Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Insecurities
My whole life I have struggled with being insecure about myself, and this past week, it has really hit home. I have cried more tears this week than I have in a long time. And, I don't know why. I have even had 2 guys in the last 2 days tell me what beautiful eyes I have. Grant it, one of them was giving me a makeover at the makeup counter at Dillards. ;) But, it has been a really bad week, and an especially bad evening. How can I believe that I am fearfully and wonderfully made when I am so insecure about myself? What is so sad is...I am not the only one. Our society pushes those thoughts into girls young and old everyday. No wonder our world is in the condition we're in. I just hope and pray one of these days I will be confident with myself and remember that God loves me unconditionally, no matter what I look like or how insecure I feel about myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment