I had the wonderful privilege of going to Washington DC for the week of my birthday. It was an awesome and magnificent trip and I'm so glad I was able to go. I am amazed at all the places still standing that so much history has occurred. On my birthday night, I had the opportunity to see a play at Ford Theater - the very theater that Abraham Lincoln was shot in. In fact, I was only seats away from his fateful seat. It was amazing. The play was even about Abraham Lincoln and what he went through the 3 weeks preceding his death. The play brought me to tears many, many times. What a wonderful man he was. I can't imagine the stress that a President goes through day to day...the weight of the country is on their shoulders.
Anyway, I was able to tour the White House, Pentagon, US Capitol, all of the Smithsonian Museums, as well as other places such as the Lincoln, Jefferson and Roosevelt Memorials, and the Washington Monument. They were all amazing places and I can't wait to go back and visit. Most places would not allow you to take pictures, so I wasn't able to take many. But, here are a few that I did take.
And yes, I had a wonderful birthday in beautiful Washington DC. It couldn't have been any better. Enjoy the pics!








No comments:
Post a Comment