I have been thinking about what to write here, but every time I go to write, something comes up and I miss out on the opportunity. I really don't know what to write today. So much has been going on the last few weeks that I have plenty to write about, but just not sure what. I know...
Have you ever had those days when you just want to cry, but the tears never come? I had one of those days on Saturday. It ended up being a really bad day for me, and all I wanted to do was hurry home so I could cry. But, once I got home, the tears never came. I thought "okay, if I think of this, it will make me cry", but to no avail. So, since I couldn't make the tears come, I decided to clean house...and what a clean house I have now!!! I never knew how cleaning could calm my spirits and just help me to "feel better".
So, since the tears never came on Saturday, I tried again yesterday, but they still didn't come. But, I ended up spending the day with my nephews and they are such a joy and delight...why would I cry?
In Psalm 30, it says "For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning". You know...that is so true for me. Not that I was angry on Saturday and that was the reason for wanting to cry, but that my need for crying only lasted a moment. I woke up on Sunday with a new attitude, feeling refreshed and rejoicing. There will be days when the tears are there, and they will flow endlessly. But until then, I will rejoice in knowing those tears will only last a moment, but the Lord's love for me lasts a lifetime....
No comments:
Post a Comment