Do you ever get a “gut” feeling about something – whether its good or bad – and in the end you just KNOW it was the Lord? That happened to me this morning. I pulled out of my driveway to leave for work, and as soon as the garage door closed, I had a bad feeling. I didn’t exactly know what my bad feeling was, but I thought it was my car, so I got out (while still in my driveway), walked around my car and looked at all my tires. I thought maybe I had a flat tire. But, I didn’t…so I was on my way to work.
When I got to the light at 19th and I-35, I was so upset at the guy in front of me. He sat through the green light, and when it was my turn to go, it had already turned red, so I had to sit there a few seconds before the light turned green again. Needless to say, I was impatient. I got on the interstate, and usually I immediately get in the far left lane, but today I stayed in the right lane. I hadn’t even gone a mile and a half and BOOM – my tire blows out. I still have haunting images of looking in my rear view mirror and seeing traffic come to a complete halt because my tire was rolling across the interstate. By the time I gained my composure to call my parents for help, I had lost it. I was boo-hooing so bad that my Mom could barely understand what I was saying to her.
I was able to pull my car off of the interstate and just sat there until my Dad could get there. I had one guy pull over because he thought I had run out of gas. Nice gesture, but HELLO…did you not see the blown out tire? I was so scared sitting there all alone – I hardly even rolled down my window to talk to the dude.
Then a very nice policeman pulled up behind me and offered to put my spare on. He was in an unmarked police car (a Ford Mustang!) and didn’t even have a uniform on. But, he did have a “Moore Police Dept” polo shirt on. I told him my Dad was on his way, but he was so nice and said “Well, I know you have better things to do than to just sit here, so I can go ahead and get it started.” Super nice guy.
I was starting to finally calm down until the policeman told me that I was very lucky – I had a very bad blowout and if it had happened to one of my front tires, I probably would have lost control and been dead at the scene. But, as I said to him, and as I’m writing this now – the Lord was in control of the situation. I look back and see His hand in everything I did this morning. That I checked my tires before leaving my house – the Lord was preparing me that something bad was about to happen (and I actually didn’t TOTALLY freak out when the blowout did happen); that because of the guy that sat through the green light, I didn’t have anyone behind me; that I stayed in the right hand lane and no one got hurt when my tire went rolling across the interstate; that I was close enough to an exit that I was able to pull right off of the interstate; that the policeman, Jason Lewis, was able to put my spare on in 15 minutes; that my Dad is retired and he could come to my rescue so early this morning, despite the fact he had his own agenda today; and last but not least, I have a family in the tire business, so I was able to get a new tire put on today and it didn’t cost me a lot of money.
I am so thankful that the Lord was looking out for me today. He looks out for me everyday, but especially today. He was speaking to me before I even knew or realized it! He protected me in the best way possible. We have an awesome God!!!
1 comment:
wow! what an ordeal. good to hear from you and glad you're ok. :)
Post a Comment