Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Part-Time Job - Part 2

So, after finally getting all my medical bills paid off, I gave my 2 weeks notice at the funeral home. It was a really sad night for me – I seriously didn’t want to leave. But, it’s the right thing for me to do. I am so tired of working a full-time job, then going to a part-time job. I haven’t had any free time since February, and I am so looking forward to getting my life back to normal. I sure am going to miss the friends I’ve made at the funeral home. Hopefully, they will allow me back to visit and we can talk about all the families that drove us insane; the funerals we laughed so hard at we almost had to leave; and the man that came in nightly, Danny, that would eat a popsicle in front of me, ask for a Dr. Pepper, would sign everyone’s guestbook, regardless if he knew them or not, and would take a folder for the service to be held the next day. I swear that man has hundreds of folders at his home that he cherishes. Weird, weird, freaky, and weird. I’m sure when I leave today, I’ll pass him on the road, riding his bike without a care in the world, and he’ll be back after I’m gone, signing everyone’s guestbook and cherishing just a few more folders….

No comments: