Today was a good start to the new year. I actually made it to midnight last night (our time) and was excited to watch Dick Clark in Times Square prior to our new year. Every year he amazes me with the accomplishments he has made since his stroke, and every year I wonder if it will be the last time I see him.
I attended church this morning and it was a good day. We had a really good crowd and we participated in the Lord's supper. The pastor preached on the meaning of the Lord's supper and the celebration of Christ. He talked about how we should celebrate Christmas every day and not just on Christmas, because Jesus is alive in us and He is born in us every day. It was so encouraging. Before we were dismissed, he encouraged everyone to look out their window every day and ask "is He coming yet?", because that is what we need to be ready for.
When he first said that, I thought to myself "I do that every day, looking for my husband to come", but then I realized that I am spending too much time waiting on that husband of mine. I need to be anticipating the coming of Christ. The day He will come to this earth and take us to our heavenly home.
So while I am waiting for my companion to come, the one who will let me grow in Christ along with him, I will grow in Christ now and celebrate His life every day. And as anticipating as that may be, may I wait in patience and anxiousness not only for a husband, but for the Lord of Lords. May His love be all that I need to fulfill me now and may I be ready for the day of His coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment