Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Good Month?

I think I wrote in my last post that I was having a great month so far.  Well, I don't really think I was lying when I said it, as my personal life is going great.  It's my work life that hasn't been so good lately.  Quite honestly, it's been a really bad month.  There is a lot of negativity going on in my office and I guess I'm feeding off of the negative energy instead of the positive energy.  My pastor reminded me this morning that as Christians, we have a harder time dealing with negative people, but he also encouraged me to walk away from the negativity; to trust in the Lord and do what is right.  That is just so hard to do sometimes.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  Surely I'm not the only one that questions God or has some trust issues...

This week has been challenging in both my personal and professional life.  I've been so busy at work, then we had some things happen this past week in my personal life.  For one, my Uncle had a major heart surgery scheduled for Wednesday, and when they went in, they had to cancel it when his heart stopped beating.  They rescheduled the surgery for Friday when he had a pacemaker successfully put in.  This is the Uncle that I am very close to, and any kind of heart surgery is serious.  So, we were all worried about him.  My Mom was able to take off work those days, so she was there with him and his family.  As she says, since her parents have passed, her brothers are all she has left.

And speaking of my grandparents, we remembered my Pappaw on Thursday - the anniversary of his death.  It's been 9 years since my grandparents passed away.  It doesn't even seem like it's been a year.

On Friday, we found out a very close family friend (she might as well been my grandmother) passed away.  I wrote about her right after Christmas (I think).  She went so quickly, but yet we are rejoicing that she is no longer in pain and she is in the presence of our Lord and Savior.

I've realized as I've gotten older that death is harder for me to comprehend.  And it's not that I'm scared to die, but maybe because I am getting to the age that I know more and more people that eventually do pass away.  I don't know.  What I do know is that her death has hit me hard.  Really hard.  And it doesn't help that I wrote her a letter last Tuesday night, with every intention of mailing it, and life got in the way that I didn't mail it.  I hope she knows in her heart of hearts that I did love her and thought of her often as she endured sickness and pain in the privacy of her home.  But...how I'm going to miss her.  Maybe she has met my Mammaw by now...and I'm sure they are getting along great.

So while I may have not had the best of month, I realize that it is almost over.  The Lord promises us a new day every day - we just have to rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great week, my friends.

No comments: