Sunday, October 9, 2011

Getting Better

Things are getting better day by day.  We had a very successful garage sale - $1100 to be exact!  That is the most we've made in a single garage sale than ever before.  And, that doesn't even include my furniture and appliances, as none of that sold.  I was really bummed out about that, but I also know that this is what the Lord planned and I have to accept that.  He is the only one who knows my future.  So last Sunday we loaded everything back up in the POD and sent it back to storage.

I feel like we've finally got the house back in order, including my room.  I moved the bedroom furniture from my house into my room at my parents, and it's changed things completely.  The bed somewhat swallows my room (it is a king size bed) but it sure is nice to have it back.

The boys were over this past weekend and we had a blast.  We all dressed up in our OU gear and cheered on our Sooners who beat Texas!  Preston was really cute saying "my football team" and Tyler walked around shouting "go OU!  go OU!"  I tried to make the best of it and made some "party food" to which everyone enjoyed, including the cupcakes that Preston decorated.



The boys are growing so fast.  Tyler is learning how to read and Preston is learning how to count.  Before long, Tyler will be taller than both my Mom and I.  And, as expected with boys, they will get to a point that they won't want to visit Nana, Papa and Beck.

That is one thing I do cherish - the time I spent with my grandparents.  I hope the boys are making memories with their grandparents like I did with mine.  You never know when you won't have them anymore.

Have a great week!  And be thankful for the rain the Lord sent our way today!

No comments: