Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Memories - Part 5

My nephew, Tyler, has been able to spend some time with my parents this summer.  Since I've been housesitting, I really haven't been able to enjoy his company much.  That is...until this past week.  We have had so much fun together.  We've watched movies, ate popcorn, gone swimming...and swimming...and swimming.  I think the kid is a fish.  But, I also remember being the same way when I was his age.  It got to where I would have to get in the pool with him every night when I got home.  That was fine, until the night a thunderstorm rolled through and he still wanted to get in, but the air had cooled off and I was not about to get chilled while swimming.  But, he happily swam by himself that night.

He is also quite the helper around the house - he likes to clean, make dinner (hotdogs and homemade ice cream) and do whatever you ask him to do.  He even helped a few times with the pool and outdoor work.  He is a sweet little boy.

Anyway, Tyler has made some summer memories this year at the house, and I've made some too.  Here are some pictures to prove it.

Hope you are making many memories this summer as well.

 Tyler and his favorite Buzz Lightyear "gobbles"

Jumping off the diving board

Cooling off on his tube

Getting out of the pool on the night of the thunderstorm

 He asked for 3 hotdogs and deviled eggs.  He ate the deviled eggs and only 1 hotdog

Relaxing with his Sonic Strawberry Slush (his favorite)

 He couldn't wait to taste what he had worked hard on (or should I say pour into the ice cream maker)

Yum, yum!  Homemade strawberry/blueberry ice cream!

 This kid can EAT!

 What a mess, but what a cute face!

 And when he wasn't playing or swimming, this is where he was...

Happy Summer, Tyler!  I hope it's been the best one yet!

No comments: