Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Withdrawals

I'm having Christmas withdrawals. The kind that I miss Christmas and everything about it. The hustle and bustle at the stores. The excitement and anticipation of kids waiting to see Santa. The Christmas movies. The Christmas carols and music. (Have you ever noticed we have the most beautiful music and hymns during the Christmas season?)

I miss seeing Christmas lights on houses. I miss the Christmas tree in the house. I miss attending Christmas parties of friends and visiting until the wee hours of the morning. I miss wrapping gifts. I miss giving gifts. I miss remembering the true meaning of Christmas on a daily basis.

It won't be for another 11 months that I'll get to see and do these things again. But what I do have are the memories of this past Christmas and how much I enjoyed it.

Now, I'll just listen to that Christmas CD that's in the car for a few more weeks. Maybe I won't have withdrawals anymore after that...

No comments: