Yep…I have it. When I think I’ve been patient, a reminder like yesterday’s sermon tells me I’m not. In fact, I am probably one of the most impatient people on this earth. I get antsy just thinking about something and it just makes the impatience worse.
My pastor must be on a role, though, because the last few week’s sermons have been really good and they are words that I needed to hear. In fact, the Lord may have given our pastor these sermons to preach directly to me. I told my pastor’s wife last night that I really enjoyed the sermon yesterday morning and I really needed to be reminded of God’s best for me. She leaned over, gave me a hug, and whispered these verses in my ear:
Proverbs 3:5-7 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own understanding. Think about Him in all your ways and He will guide you on the right paths.
Psalm 37:3-7 – Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him.
I honestly get tired of people telling me all the time “you’re still young”, referring to when I will get married. But then I ask in return “how old were you when you got married?” and the majority of them respond with ages between 18 and 25. So yes, I am getting impatient. I don’t want to hurry Him up either. I know it will come in His time. Like Abraham and Sarai, Sarai got impatient because she couldn’t bare children, so she had Hagar sleep with Abraham. Hagar became pregnant and bore him a child, but Sarai paid the consequences for years afterwards. She got ahead of what God’s plan was for her. I definitely don’t want to get ahead of God.
My Dad’s health has not been the best lately. I pray everyday that the Lord will send that special someone so I can get married before my Dad dies. That is my one and only prayer these days. But again, I don’t want Him to rush. When I meet the right guy for me, and subsequently when marriage comes, I want God to have all the glory. I want it to be right. And I want my Dad there.
So yes, I am impatient, but not enough to get ahead of what God has planned for me. I am going to trust in Him, let Him guide me, and give me the desires of my heart in His time, not my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment