Where in the world has this month gone? It never fails...I look forward to my favorite season of the year, and it is gone in a blink of an eye. I just can't believe how it flies by. Pretty soon, the kids will be going back to school, vacations will be over and my pool time will be no more. That's really sad. Can you tell how much I enjoy the pool during the summer?
Let's see...bear with me, as this will be a long post (I want to make sure I catch you up on everything I've done this month!) The first 2 1/2 weeks of the month, I was housesitting, which meant I didn't have a computer. So, it's not that I didn't have anything to say here; I just didn't have a way to say it. I enjoy housesitting, but I do miss my computer at times, especially when I have things to say here.
After my housesitting gigs were up, I helped give a gift card "shower" to a friend of mine whose house flooded in the 500 year flood last month. I guess "shower" would not be the word to use here, but I'm not exactly sure what other word there is?!? Oh well. You get my drift. Anyway, we all met at a sweet lady's house to encourage my friend...but in the end, I was the one that left encouraged. My Pastor's wife was there and she may not know it, but every word out of her mouth that night was refreshing and encouraging. The stories she told; the trials she shared. But one thing she does not sway from - the Lord was with her every step of the way. She reminded us that everyone goes through trials...through seasons...and in the end, we are the ones that are blessed because of Him.
I remember exactly a year ago, the trials I was facing. The lack of sleep; the lack of comfort; needing to make a big decision but not knowing how to do it; not knowing how to step forward when all I had been doing was stepping backwards. I was feeling unloved. I was depressed. I remember everything like it was just yesterday. In the end, though, the Lord turned my tears into laughter; my mourning into joy. He picked me up and loved me like I had never been loved before. I just had to run to Him and ask Him for strength and direction. And, in the end, He answered my prayers. Anyway...enough of that... I just really want you to know that He DOES answer prayer! It may not be today, tomorrow, next week or even next year. But, He really does! I am living proof of that and will be living proof for as long as I live (and it will be even more apparent when He sends that husband of mine!) :)
After my friend's "shower", I went out of town for a work meeting. Actually, it was just to Stillwater, but it was nice. Have I mentioned how beautiful the Stillwater campus is? Well, it is! I just wish I could have enjoyed it more (I was working the entire time I was there). But, I was so blessed to sit at a dinner table with one of my Trustees that shared the same faith as me, and I was so encouraged by him and his wife. I went to bed that night, knowing that this work trip I was dreading, turned out to be a fantastic trip. Amazing how the Lord orchestrates instances like that!
When I got back from Stillwater, my parents had picked up my nephews to begin their 10 day stay with us while their parents were in Hawaii. They were so excited to see me on Thursday night (and I was probably just as excited) and we spent all night playing Thursday night. But on Friday, when I got home from work, the youngest didn't look well. I will spare you all the details, but here is a picture of where ALL of us spent the entire weekend...

Well, not this particular bathroom with the toddler toilet seat, but you get my drift... Yep, we were hit with the stomach bug. The nasty, throw-up kind of stomach bug. It was not fun. And the poor boys, they were such troopers through it all, especially when my Mom, Dad, and eventually, ME, came down with it. When Preston came down with round 2, every time I changed a poopy diaper, I would say "oh my". Well, he is going home with two new words - "oh my". Yep, he learned that from Aunt Beck. When we went swimming yesterday, he saw a leaf in the pool and yelled "OH MY". When a tv show went off the air, he said "oh my". You get my drift. Let's just hope he either forgets when he goes home, or that my sister will be utterly forgiving when he graces her with those words.
Needless to say, though, we have enjoyed our time with the boys. Here are a few pics of their stay here...can't wait for them to come back (tantrums and all).
You would have never thought this picture was taken after a day of throwing up...

This was their morning ritual - cartoons and cereal on Nana's bed...

Tyler...about to hit the pool...

Preston in his "cleaning" mode. Not sure who he got that from...

One of the many tricks Tyler played on me while he was here...

Isn't he cute!?!?!

Well, I guess that's it! Sorry for the long post, but I now feel you've been caught up! Have a great remainder of this month!
Isn't he cute!?!?!
1 comment:
The boys are adorable and you look so nice and tan. Great pics!
Post a Comment