Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Cleaning

This past weekend, I had absolutely NO plans, which was really nice! So I decided to do my "spring cleaning" in the house (which really wasn't that bad). But, it gave me a chance to go through some things I haven't been through in a while. Such as...

"My Desires for a Mate" - I found this list in a notepad, stuffed in a backpack, way in the back of one of the guest bedroom's closet. I had forgotten it even existed. It's funny reading some of the things on the list - some of them still hold true, while others have changed drastically! But, I'm still holding out hope for the majority of these things...

  • Godly Christian Man
  • Non-drinker
  • Non-smoker
  • Someone who doesn't cuss
  • Has a good job
  • Goes to church regularly
  • Reads his bible
  • Family oriented
  • Emotionally stable
  • Financially stable
  • Drives a good car (not a nice car...just a good car)
  • Friendly
  • Seeks God first in everything he does; spiritually challenging
  • Communicates freely and openly
  • Secure in the Lord
  • Has goals, not only personally, but with his family and future relationships and friendships
  • Honest
  • Caring
  • Loyal
  • Romantic/Affectionate
Wow...just typing them out, I realize how much of me has changed since I wrote this list in 1997. And, I have these labeled as "obvious ones". DUH! :) Above all else, I just want someone who will love me for me, mistakes and all...

Speaking of love, I hope that will be my next post. I started researching the word "love" and the meaning of it. There are so many different things "love" can be. Afterall, it is a noun and a verb! But, I really do want to find out the true meaning of love and what I've been waiting my whole life for from someone that I will spend the rest of my life with...

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I like this blog.. I need to find my list. I am sure some has changed as well...