Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Another year...another valentine's day that I don't have a valentine. But, instead of wallowing in self-pity this year, I choose to accept all the love around me and enjoy this wonderful day. I still don't understand why we need a day to celebrate love when love is around us everyday of the week, and every minute of every second of the day. It may not be love directed towards me, but there is love in this world. Love is a gift of God. Love IS God.

So, to celebrate today, I spent the day with two little boys that love me more than I can imagine, because they know I love them more than they can imagine. Although I've been kicked and hit, gotten my hair pulled, been chased around the house until I've fallen down, been bounced on, and everything else that two little boys choose to do with their Aunt, they also kissed me, hugged me, let me hold them to take all the love and joy in, let me sleep by their sweet angelic selfs, scratched my back and told me they loved me. THAT in itself is true, selfless love.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy; it does not boast. It is not proud (I Cor. 13:4)

Love NEVER fails. (I Cor. 13:8)

Do everything in love (I Cor. 16:14)

But the man who loves God is known by God (I Cor. 8:3)

This is my command: Love each other (John 15:17)


While I'm waiting for the man of my dreams to come sweep me off my feet, the world must know that I already love him. I don't know who he is, what he does, or how long it will be before I meet him, but I love him. I've loved him for a very long time.

Until then, the Lord's love is never-ending. His love never fails. I will keep showing His love to others. I will keep accepting love from others. I know that I can bask in His love on a continual basis. I know that I don't need a day to love others. As He commanded us to do, we must always love others.

I am my beloveds and His desire is towards me (Song of Solomon 7:10)

I AM His. I WILL make Him proud.

Happy Love Day Everyone!
(today, tomorrow and forever to come)

No comments: