Friday, January 23, 2009

Valentines

So I changed my background to a Valentine’s background. It seemed appropriate since the day is coming up. However, I am not a huge fan of Valentines day. To me, it is just another money-making holiday. Why give me flowers on Valentines day when he has the rest of the year to woo me! Plus, he would save a lot more money if he had sent them another time, seeing that the price of flowers balloons during this particular time of year, which also happens to be the same time of year as my birthday (my bday is only 6 days after Valentines).

I would hope that when I do start dating and get married someday, that a simple kiss and hug will be enough to celebrate Valentines day – and we’ll save the rest for another day! ;)

One side note – I am in a really good mood this morning and have really accepted my singleness this week and the journey that I am currently on. However, I’m sure I will be down and depressed once Valentines day starts approaching. I’m posting this now so in about 3 weeks, I can look back at it and be reminded why I shouldn’t be so depressed….

No comments: