Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Alone

There are moments in my life that I just feel alone. Most of my friends are getting married or have been married for quite some time, having babies and starting new lives; and I’m the one in the corner, staring at them, wishing I had those things too…

I have a successful career, a nice home and a loving, supportive family. But, I go home every night to an empty house, turn on the tv and eventually go to bed…alone. As I laid in bed last night, staring at the ceiling with tears rolling down my face, I couldn’t help but ask God “where is my knight in shining armor? Why am I having to wait this long? Can you hear my cry? Do you see the despair in my spirit and know how alone I feel?”

But then, I remember the scripture in Psalm 139:7-10: “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast.”

While I may lack trust right now, I do not lack faith in our Heavenly Father, who works all things together for our good. And, as it turns out…I’m not alone afterall…

No comments: